The long-awaited first feature film about the life of Tupac Shakur, “2pac: the Legend” he left quite a good impression, a lot of different emotions, but at the same time and a few negative notes. First of all, you need to start with a small retreat from reviews of the film.
Tupac Amaru Shakur one of the greatest, most influential hip-hop artists for all time of existence of music as an integral part of world art. Though a small period in my 25 years of life, but it was in the past is to the present time, and will appear posthumously as the Father of rap, a man who spearheaded a new style of music and, most importantly, spiritual inspiration to millions of people, including many popular rappers such as Eminem, 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Drake, Wiz Khalifa, The Game, Lil Wayne and others.
Tupac Shakur did not compose a trivial playful lines for the sake of just amusing commercial success. He’s always with his music sought to appeal to all the hopeless and helpless people that were born/became inhabitants hard life in the ghetto, victims of violence, poverty, racism, and other pressing social issues that unfortunately still exist in many parts of the world. His voice became the voice of the streets, calling many people’s hearts to action, struggle, hard breakthrough to a better life. His songs penetrated to the farthest corners of the human soul, but at the same time, gave rise to hostility and others. Disgruntled audience spoke of his work as “obscene, destructive people have normal perception of reality, undermining the moral and ethical side of every person, which is unacceptable to promote and praise and immediate restraint”. However, knowing his place and purpose in this world, Tupac always followed the voice of reason, acted from love to the beloved mother, Afeni Shakur and thanked her for what she’d done him a real man…
It is encouraging that, even after 2 decades after Tupac died, Hollywood cinema, we decided finally to get serious about making the film about him, because every legend has the right and must find their place and reflection not only in documentary film but also the artistic genre, like Eminem in the movie 8 mile or 50 Cent in “get rich or die.”
Despite the fact that this film (the first feature film about Tupac) was released only after 21 years after the death of Tupac, my assessment of him as a artistic reflection of real history is quite positive, as:
1) the content of the film (script), in my opinion, illustrated exactly based on the real facts of the true history of the life of the rapper, who informed the audience could glean from documentary 2003 Director Lauren Lazin “Tupac: Resurrection”. The script is well adapted from a real story that can not but rejoice.
2) Main cast consists of little-known actors that it is not possible to compare early (mostly well-known and major) work in film. However, cast was perfectly chosen, in particular, should point to a unique selection of actor for the main role, the role of Tupac Shakur Demetrius Shipp, Jr., who by our appearance, if not 100, then 91% of the duplicate of Tupac. What is surprising is that the film’s Director benny Boom said that when he first saw the photo of Demetrius Shipp, Jr., he thought it was a picture of Tupac Shakur.
3) the Original song of Tupac the basis of all music in the film. Throughout the 140 minutes of the film, the viewer sees the picture of the events and actions of the main characters which is periodically accompany the original song of Tupac Shakur, such as “All Eyez on Me”, “Hail Mary”, “Dear Mama”, “Brenda’s Got A Baby”, “California Love” and many others.
Speaking about the disadvantages of film include the following:
1) the Original story from the documentary film “Tupac: Resurrection” tells about the hard life of a family Shakur, Tupac’s childhood in disadvantaged parts of East Harlem (new York), moved to Baltimore and deployment in Marin city (CA). In the movie “2pac: the Legend of” the events of these periods are too fleeting, which eliminates the normal perception of the viewer of the course of events. Not having time to fully assess the situation and to feel the soul of the whole litigation a difficult childhood Tupac, literally a few seconds later, the picture takes Us to the scene where Tupac is performing on vocals.
2) Though quite similar in appearance with Tupac, but Demetrius Shipp Jr. is not particularly impressed with his acting, moreover, felt that, probably, he simply did not apply. His acting is reminiscent of the rehearsal performances 1st class “Cinderella”, namely, more than half of the film execution could be seen and felt feigned, feelings and emotions can hardly pick up 3 points out of 10.
3) the epilogue of the film, which, in my opinion, should be reserved a special place for a long time to display, is too short. After shots were fired at Tupac, after just 4-5 minutes there comes a showing of the final titer. Probably should cover the episodes from the next 7 days (until September 14, 1996, inclusive), in which:
– displays the attempts of doctors to bring Tupac to life. In the hospital, after several attempts to get out of bed, Shakur, under the influence of strong painkillers, was placed on a ventilator and eventually, with the help of barbiturates, transferred into an artificial coma;
– footage from the worries and grief of all relatives and friends for his fate. Day September 13 1996, despite attempts by doctors to stop internal bleeding, Tupac Shakur died in the intensive care unit and intensive care when the mother Shakur, Shakur Afeni, decided to stop the futile attempts of doctors to revive her son;
as the final scene would have been much better to move the audience on the day after the death of Tupac Shakur, on September 14, 1996, when his body was cremated. Accompanying the final footage of his cremation lyrical music and words of Tupac during his lifetime: “This is my story. A story about ambition, violence, redemption and love,” the viewer much more emotionally imbued with all of the litigation and, at the same time, grandeur and legend of this history, thanks to the wonderfully formed the epilogue, which, unfortunately, there’s unequivocally no.
“This is my story. A story about ambition, violence, redemption and love.” These are the words of Tupac Sakura one of the most famous and respected rappers in the world. He lived in this world just 25 years, but undoubtedly left an immortal legacy that the memory of him will always live in the hearts of a loyal fan base, and simple lovers of stunning hip hop music. His story will continue to spread in the human world! Story about Tupac Sakura will never be forgotten!
8 out of 10